Re: [#95] Multiple Content-Lengths

On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 07:57:56 +0200, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> Two replied that they have concerns about displaying errors to end
> users. If they come on-list and discuss their concerns, we can discuss
> this more.

I was one of those if I remember correctly. End users just do not
understand such error messages. And since they cannot do anything with
them either showing error messages to end users will just make them
confused, which gives them a bad product experience. It is exactly the
same problem with asking users if they are okay with doing the request
using the method CHICKEN to this other location. They'll just go "WTF" hit
"OK" and hope it works, which is not that great really. Or worse,
terminate the browser and start over.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/