Re: Protocol switch before, or after the 101 response?

ons 2010-09-15 klockan 08:30 +0200 skrev Bjoern Hoehrmann:

> (It does seem sensible for the specification to say this should not be
> done and to require servers to effectively not read incoming data be-
> fore deciding whether to accept an upgrade requests as that would re-
> sult in undefined behavior; I could not immediately find that in the
> specification though, but I did not try hard either.)

The only requirement is rightfully on clients (including proxy clients)
to not pipeline non-idempotent sequences, not on servers on handling
them.

   Clients SHOULD NOT pipeline requests using non-idempotent methods or
   non-idempotent sequences of methods (see section 9.1.2).

But I agree that this may need to be clarified to highlight the nature
of Upgrade. And not sure idempotent is the right property to classify
Upgrade by either.

Regards
Henrik