Re: Issues addressed in the -10 and -11 drafts

On Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 03:29:53PM +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> p1-messaging
> #90 - Delimiting messages with multipart/byteranges (-11)

Good point it went away. I too am an author of an implementation that
does not support it.

> #95 - Handling multiple Content-Length headers (-11)

I reported a few cases of duplicated content-lengths I already observed
and the fact that I decided to only allow multiple content-lengths if
they are all exactly the same. You said that for this specific case this
was probably acceptable. Do you think relaxing the rule for this specific
case merits a a small add-on to the spec or should we simply enfore the
test and wait for code responsible for duplication to get fixed when
facing the errors (after all, since the content-length is not defined as
a comma-separated list, it should never appear more than once, but you
know the difference between what we say and what we observe) ?

Thanks,
Willy