Re: User confirmation and 307 redirects

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:58:46 +0200
To: "Yves Lafon" <ylafon@w3.org>, "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: "Adam Barth" <ietf@adambarth.com>, httpbis <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>
>> Only for non-safe operations, and it was already the case for 301 in
>> 2616. Also "harmful to interoperability" is an untestable claim.
>
> Which reminds me that the much more serious interop problems for 307
> redirects on POST is that Safari is rewriting the message to GET. I know
> this problem has been reported to Apple over two years ago...

If you do not want to show UI or inform the user of something most users
cannot comprehend and you do not want to do something "dangerous" it seems
somewhat okayish to issue a GET instead.

(I'm not at all in favor of what Opera implements currently for 307 by the
way.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/