Re: User confirmation and 307 redirects

From: Robert Sayre <sayrer@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:09:15 -0400
To: Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com>
Cc: httpbis <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Adam Barth <ietf@adambarth.com> wrote:

> 1) HTTP ought not to impose constraints on the user agent's user
> interface.

I agree here, in general. It's much better to clearly define the
meaning of the messages rather than impose behavior constraints on the
the UA or server. One exception would be where automated behavior
causes retransmissions, etc. But that's right in the requirements RFC,
and I take it everyone knows that.

--

Robert Sayre