Re: Fwd: Proposal for work on an efficient, browser-friendly, HTTP-based communication protocol for fine-grained information exchange

I would suggest that another important existing proposal for
well-defined data interaction of JSON over HTTP is the JSON Schema
I-D, in particular the hyper schema section of the draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-zyp-json-schema

This specification defines the crucial mechanism of hyperlinking and
form interaction with JSON documents, which is foundational for data
discoverability and interaction. JSON Schema defines this while
avoiding any tight coupling to a specific protocol or data structure,
but it is clearly designed such that it is applicable to HTTP and
extensions to it. I think the group may be remiss in not leveraging or
at least considering this specification in future design decisions of
a new JSON-friendly protocol design, depending on the direction the
group goes in the protocol design.

I'm all for a definition of a JSON format for PATCH though, I have
been waiting for that for some time now.

Kris

- --
Kris Zyp
SitePen