Re: Migrating CONNECT and Upgrade details from RFC2817

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2010 23:00:27 +0200 (CEST)
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> In Maastricht, we discussed moving selected parts of RFC2817 into HTTPbis;
> specifically
>
> CONNECT - http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/239
> Upgrade - http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/240

I'd love to see this happen.

I've always thought CONNECT was treated weirdly and while I can't remember off
the top of my head just now I also recall that I've been been unhappy with the
specs for it in the past.

I figure the recent popularity of Upgrade in the Hybi team could also be a
independent reason for looking over how that is specified, used and followed
in real life.

--

  / daniel.haxx.se