Re: 204 No Content for a resource which is known but has no representation yet?

Since the action that the client asked for will not be complete at the time of returning the response and since the server can't guarantee (I am assuming this based on the description of the flow in the example below) that the request will be processed without an error, why not return a 202 in stead?

Subbu