Re: 204 No Content for a resource which is known but has no representation yet?

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly Reto,

Reto Bachmann-Gmür wrote:
> Hi Nathan
>
> Returning 204 would be against the resultion of HttpRange-14 as a 2XX
> response implies the identified resource is an information resource
> and you are not.

Well noted about httprange-14! However this could easily be an
information resource that is "coming soon", for example I am writing a
document that will be available at 'uri' next week.

> So either return a 404, or return a 303 response pointing to a URI
> that currently (as no representation is available) yields to a 404.

303 to a resource which 404's sounds like it could work.. 404 I am keen
to avoid.

Can you use a 3xx without a Location header?