Re: Request for feedback on HTTP Location header syntax + semantics, Re: Issues 43 and 185, was: Issue 43 (combining fragments)

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:13:50 +1100
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
To: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
FYI, tests online at:
Source at:

My take on this is that it's an area that's important for interoperability that is the responsibility of HTTP, but was omitted from the original specification. We can consider making a clarification here, and if it breaks an implementation or two, we can note that potential incompatibility (just as 2616 did in a few cases).