Re: p3-payload proofreading

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 7:21 AM, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
> Anthony Bryan wrote:
>>
>> 1) This read a bit awkward. I'm not sure if my suggestion retains the
>> original meaning.
>>
>> OLD
>> There may exist multiple representations associated with a particular
>> response status.
>>
>> NEW
>> It is possible for multiple representations to be associated with a
>> particular response status.
>
> The definitions of entity/representation/whatnot are on the TODO list
> anyway.
>
> That being said, how about:
>
> "Multiple representations may associated with a particular response status."

"Multiple representations may be associated with a particular response status."

>> 2) I think this means "*" for subtype, for example "text/*" and not
>> literally "type/*". (While we literally mean "*/*").  Maybe because
>> this comes directly after the ABNF it is fine?
>>
>> The asterisk "*" character is used to group media types into ranges,
>> with "*/*" indicating all media types and "type/*" indicating all
>> subtypes of that type.
>
> I'm not sure what this refers to; could you please supply some context?

CURRENT TEXT from 5.1 Accept

The asterisk "*" character is used to group media types into ranges,
with "*/*" indicating all media types and "type/*" indicating all
subtypes of that type.

To me, it reads like these would both be valid, even though only the
first one actually is? That is, "*/*" is an actual quote, where those
exact characters are used. And the other is not.

Accept: */*
Accept: type/*

--
(( Anthony Bryan ... Metalink [ http://www.metalinker.org ]
  )) Easier, More Reliable, Self Healing Downloads