Why do caching heuristics exclude 303?

From: Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 16:43:15 +0000
To: <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

I'm currently reading 'HTTP/1.1, part 6: Caching' [1] and stumbled in
' Calculating Heuristic Freshness' over the following:

'If no explicit expiration time is present in a stored response that
 has a status code of 200, 203, 206, 300, 301 or 410, a heuristic
 expiration time can be calculated.  Heuristics MUST NOT be used for
 other response status codes.'

Is there a deeper reason why 303 is not included in the heuristics?

Please forgive me if this came up already. I searched in the archive, but
failed to find an answer to this question.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-08

Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
Ireland, Europe