Re: Managing multiple authorities, resources and representations

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2010 22:49:49 +0100
To: Henrik Nordström <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Henrik,

Thank you very much for taking the time thus far, and for the clarifying
response, it answered all questions and I'd only ask one clarification..
as follows:

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tor 2010-06-10 klockan 13:03 +0100 skrev Nathan:
>> 9: Can one use PUT on a request URI which responds with multiple
>> representations (for instance different serializations of the same data)
>> where the Content-Location is always the same as the request URI?
>
> Yes, if supported by the server. But this then replaces ALL
> representations effectively disabling content negotiation.

In the above scenario, the server supports generating the alternative
versions for content negotiation - does this come under the banner of
'implementation specific' and thus allowed, or does it indicate that
resource is a process that accepts data, and thus POST would have to be
used rather than PUT. ?

>> I think that covers everything I need, (apologies if needed!)
>
> No apologies needed. Very valid questions.

Best & thanks again,

Nathan