Re: Managing multiple authorities, resources and representations

Henrik,

Thank you very much for taking the time thus far, and for the clarifying
response, it answered all questions and I'd only ask one clarification..
as follows:

Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tor 2010-06-10 klockan 13:03 +0100 skrev Nathan:
>> 9: Can one use PUT on a request URI which responds with multiple
>> representations (for instance different serializations of the same data)
>> where the Content-Location is always the same as the request URI?
>
> Yes, if supported by the server. But this then replaces ALL
> representations effectively disabling content negotiation.

In the above scenario, the server supports generating the alternative
versions for content negotiation - does this come under the banner of
'implementation specific' and thus allowed, or does it indicate that
resource is a process that accepts data, and thus POST would have to be
used rather than PUT. ?

>> I think that covers everything I need, (apologies if needed!)
>
> No apologies needed. Very valid questions.

Best & thanks again,

Nathan