Re: Same resource exposed over HTTP and HTTPS

From: Nathan <nathan@webr3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 02:29:30 +0100
To: Henrik Nordström <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
CC: "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Henrik Nordström wrote:
> tor 2010-05-20 klockan 02:17 +0100 skrev Nathan:
>
>> Is the aforementioned a valid value for the Content-Location header, as
>> in, can Content-Location have multiple comma separated values.
>
> No, Content-Location is a single-valued header.

thanks for the confirm - I'll submit a bug over on the apache list.

>> Haven't ever seen this before, and didn't note anything mentioning it here:
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p3-payload-09#section-5.7
>
> All multi-valued headers in HTTPbis have list syntax, indicating in the
> BNF that more than one value may be provided.

noted that Accept-Language is marked as:

      Accept-Language   = "Accept-Language" ":" OWS
                         Accept-Language-v
      Accept-Language-v =
                         1#( language-range [ OWS ";" OWS "q=" qvalue ] )

Perhaps Content-Location could be made clear in the same way?

      Content-Location   = "Content-Location" ":" OWS
                        Content-Location-v
      Content-Location-v =
                        1#( absolute-URI / partial-URI )

rather than the current:

      Content-Location   = "Content-Location" ":" OWS
                        Content-Location-v
      Content-Location-v =
                        absolute-URI / partial-URI

Best,