Re: ticket 208, Re: RFC 5861 on HTTP Cache-Control Extensions for Stale Content

lör 2010-05-15 klockan 08:19 -0700 skrev Bil Corry:
> Julian Reschke wrote on 5/9/2010 6:36 AM:
> > The only *new* registry that we added before is for method names, and
> > indeed we have the registrations for all non-HTTP/1.1 methods in a
> > separate document
> > (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-method-registrations-latest.html>).
>
> Shouldn't it also include the HTTP methods as well?  Or am I misunderstanding its purpose?

Those are currently added by the HTTPbis specifications.

But I share your view. The methods defined by 2616 should be in the
initial registry registration referencing RFC2616 so the registry can be
established without needing to wait for the bulk of the HTTPbis
specifications.

Regards
Henrik