RE: Issue 196, was: #110: how to determine what entity a response carries

From: Thomson, Martin <Martin.Thomson@andrew.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 11:46:05 +0800
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
CC: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, =JeffH <Jeff.Hodges@KingsMountain.com>
> Suggested introduction:
> HTTP requests often do not carry the absolute-URI [ref to 3986] for
> they are intended; instead, the value needs to be inferred from the
> request-target, Host header and other context. The result of this
> process is the "Effective Request URI."

The first part of this sentence doesn't parse for me.  Perhaps:

  HTTP requests often do not carry an absolute URI [RFC3986].  The absolute URI is instead inferred from the...

[[No need to use ABNF symbols in prose, unless you are referring directly to an ABNF symbol, as you do in the next part.]]

Or was there something else that you intended...to say?