Re: CORS redirect behavior proposal

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 08:56:05 -0700
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Cc: Collin Jackson <collin@collinjackson.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, public-webapps@w3.org, Tyler Close <tyler.close@gmail.com>
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 5:34 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> For simple cross-origin requests Origin would be a space-separated list of
> origins indicating the redirect chain.

When we used this syntax for the Sec-From header, Mark Nottingham
advocated using commas to separate the origins to better align with
other HTTP headers.

> What order would be best there?

I think the simplest thing is to list the origins in the order in
which the user agent encounters them (with adjacent duplicates
removed).

> This is more or less on what I'm planning to go with (will wait a day or so
> with specifying to allow for feedback) unless someone has a better idea that
> keeps things relatively simple and works with the preflight result cache.

That sounds reasonable to me.  I don't quite understand all the
constraints we get from the preflight cache, but the rest sounds fine.

Thanks,
Adam