Re: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

Sam Johnston wrote:
> While this may or may not always be the case for Atom, for HTTP and HTML
> the document is subject to the usual HTTP conneg, which includes
> languages. If you're retrieving the document itself in French then
> presumably you want the title (including non-ASCII characters) in French
> too. I've said this before but I still don't grok [from the document]
> why both are required.

This has nothing to do with Atom vs HTML, or HTTP.

A resource can support language based conneg, in which case the link
header *likely* will just use a single title attribute.

But just because that is possible doesn't mean that the header format
can not also support other use cases.

It's truly optional.

BR, Julian