Re: [httpbis] #81: Content Negotiation for media types

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:56:58 +0200
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "henrik@henriknordstrom.net Nordstrom" <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Larry Masinter wrote:
> Although http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/81
> is marked 'closed', Mark sent a strawman rewrite:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-http-wg/2009JulSep/0521.html
>
> After review by Mark, here is a proposed rewrite:

The text sounds good so far, but I'm not really sure how it would be put
into Part 3.

In particular: would it replace Section 4 completely? In which case we
may be losing useful information. On the other hand, if it only replaces
the first four paragraphs, there will be an overlap with the subsequent
text...

BR, Julian