Re: The HTTP Sec-From Header (draft-abarth-origin)

Adam,

One thing -- AIUI Sec-From is sent with *all* requests, including GET.
Furthermore, servers will make security-related decisions about the
response based upon it.

As such, won't servers need to set

   Vary: Sec-From

in responses to asure that caches will do the right thing? Otherwise,
a cache could respond to a cross-site request with a stored response
improperly.

The latent problem here, BTW, is that some deployed cache
implementations don't like Vary headers with any value other than
'Accept-Encoding', refusing to cache such responses. This means that
Sec-From is going to negatively impact caching on the Web, potentially
quite severely (i.e., some browser as well as intermediary caches
won't work at all).

Cheers,