Re: [draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06] 4.1 Registered Relation Types

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:00:53 +0200
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 08:41:15 +0200, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> On 24/07/2009, at 11:55 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> Also, can we require that the canonical registration form is lowercase?
>
> That's probably sensible. I'll modify the BNF and prose.
>
> Additionally, any objections to requiring sgml-name (probably needs a
> new name, now that it's going to be all lower) for registered? Currently
> it's SHOULD.

Personally I do not care much either way, but allowing e.g. names with non-Western characters or characters with accents is fine with me, as long as the matching stays ASCII case-insensitive and the registered form is ASCII lowercase. I think HTML 5 allows any string that does not contain whitespace characters. (But I suppose that clashes with the discussion of what the registry should look like and whether URIs are a good idea here.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/