RE: Review of Content-Encoding: value token [exi]

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 23:26:02 +0200
To: john.schneider@agiledelta.com
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
mån 2009-08-24 klockan 12:06 -0700 skrev John Schneider:

> Thank you for your quick response to my message. It is quite possible that
> this is my mistake and I misunderstood Mark. If it is more appropriate for
> us to follow the current IANA process for registration, we would be very
> happy to do that. Of course, we are also very interested in any further
> comments from HTTPbis on the topic even it does not end up your action list.

For registration you need to follow the defined IANA process.

It's an extension, and extensions to HTTP is not in scope for HTTPbis at
the moment. Our task is to get RFC2616 + parts of other closely related
standards track documents cleaned up and in good shape, and explicitly
forbidden to add extensions unless deemed absolutely required to correct
errors or serious shortcomings in the earlier specifications.

Regards
Henrik