Re: [draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06] rev

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 14:42:08 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "Julian Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:43:26 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Aug 2009, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>> I.e., define the semantics of rev in case it's received, but prohibit
>> sending it?
>
> Right, exactly.

This works for me too, though I hope it does not mean browsers suddenly have to start supporting something browsers never really properly implemented in the first place. (I think "rev" fails the rough consensus and running code mantra, but I might be missing something here.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/