Re: Review of Content-Encoding: value token [exi]

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:41:15 +0200
To: john.schneider@agiledelta.com
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
sön 2009-08-23 klockan 21:52 -0700 skrev John Schneider:

> In speaking with Mark Nottingham last week, I understand HTTPbis will
> be re-instating the registry for HTTP content coding value tokens and
> reviewing requests for new content codings. The W3C EXI working group
> would like to submit a request to register the value token "exi" as a
> new content coding. They have asked me to work with you to answer
> questions about this request and elaborate as needed regarding our use
> cases and rationale.

I am not aware of any planned changes in the content encoding registry
procedure. Mark, did you mix this up with the upgrade registry?

But you are imho welcome to actively include HTTPbis for preleminary
review of your specification before submission to IANA even if the
specification as such is outside the scope of HTTPbis.

Regards
Henrik