Re: link header rev parameters, was: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Julian Reschke wrote:
>> Sam Johnston wrote:
>>> Given the attribute is rarely used (and when it is it's generally abused -
>>> e.g. rev=canonical) I would suggest that following HTML 5's example and
>>> jumping straight to obsolesence is a better idea than deprecation.
>> "deprecating" was the wrong term anyway; as there is no replacement (except
>> for defining reverse relations, and using them with "rel").
>>
>> HMTL5 imho goes too far in not mentioning it at all.
>
> HTML5 does define behaviour for rev="", it just makes it non-conforming.

Sorry, I missed that
(<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#attr-link-rev>).

I think it would be even better if there was a single sentence
explaining what it means (or used to mean).

BR, Julian