Update on issue 155 (Content Sniffing)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:28:37 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

we discussed the issue of content sniffing again during the HTTPbis WG
meeting and the general feeling was that we were going to far with the
statement:

"Note that neither the interpretation of the data type of a message nor
the behaviors caused by it are defined by HTTP; this potentially
includes examination of the content to override any indicated type
("sniffing")."

The proposal is to remove this altogether.

See <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/155#comment:3>

Feedback appreciated,

Julian