Update on issue 155 (Content Sniffing)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 13:28:37 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

we discussed the issue of content sniffing again during the HTTPbis WG
meeting and the general feeling was that we were going to far with the

"Note that neither the interpretation of the data type of a message nor
the behaviors caused by it are defined by HTTP; this potentially
includes examination of the content to override any indicated type

The proposal is to remove this altogether.

See <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/155#comment:3>

Feedback appreciated,