Re: Last Call: draft-nottingham-http-link-header (Web Linking) to Proposed Standard

From: Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 03:47:11 +0100
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: ietf@ietf.org, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "Julian F. F. Reschke" <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
On Fri, Jul 24, 2009 at 11:19:08AM +1000, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> The *title parameter already allows for a language to be associated with
> the title. See RFC2231 and the examples in the link draft.

Of course, I should have spotted this.

I have two questions:

  * Would it be harmful to mirror HTML and specify a redundant lang parameter
    anyway, even though this can also be functionally acheived using RFC 2231
    syntax. It may be easier for some people to understand this.

  * Is there a default encoding for parameter values, or in fact any other part
    of this header. I could not find anything in the draft which would indicate
    there is a default. Could this cause problems?

Thanks,