Warn header (P6) vs RFC2047 encoding

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:22:50 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

I noticed that P6 still has a normative dependency on RFC 2047: for
encoding non-ISO-8859-1 characters in Warn headers:

"The warn-text SHOULD be in a natural language and character set that is
most likely to be intelligible to the human user receiving the response.
This decision can be based on any available knowledge, such as the
location of the cache or user, the Accept-Language field in a request,
the Content-Language field in a response, etc. The default language is
English and the default character set is ISO-8859-1 ([ISO-8859-1]).

If a character set other than ISO-8859-1 is used, it MUST be encoded in
the warn-text using the method described in [RFC2047]." --
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/draft-ietf-httpbis-p6-cache-latest.html#rfc.section.3.6.p.9>

I think this should be dropped the same way we already did it for the
Reason Phrase (see <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/ticket/94>).

Best regards, Julian