Re: The HTTP Origin Header (draft-abarth-origin)

Adam Barth wrote on 6/25/2009 12:55 AM:
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Mark Nottingham<mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
>> Do you have a spec for sec-from?
>
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-abarth-origin-01
>
> This draft addresses the technical feedback I have receive on the -00
> version of the draft.  As I said in the previous email, I'm going to
> try to reply to all the outstanding emails in the next couple of days.

How do you envision the Sec-From header representing frames?  I ask because the Mozilla Origin proposal[1] discusses frames quite a bit, and assuming frames are handled by Sec-From in the way outlined by Mozilla's proposal, they'll end up looking like redirect chains.

For example, based on your current draft (and correct me if I'm wrong) if A POSTs to B, which then redirects to C, the Sec-From header at C will look like:

 Sec-From: B A

Mozilla's frames proposal -- if A frames B which redirects to C, the header at C will look like:

 Sec-From: B A

There may be some value for C to be able to distinguish that a received request is coming from a frame.

- Bil

[1] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/Origin