Re: Review of new HTTPbis text for 303 See Other

From: David Morris <dwm@xpasc.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 15:49:35 -0700 (PDT)
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> A 303 response to a GET request indicates that the server does
> not have a transferable representation of the requested resource
> and is instead redirecting the client to some other resource
> for further information.

The "for further information" phrase feels squishy to me unless I've
missed the definition of "further information". I'd be more comfortable
with either removing the phrase or being more explicit about what "further
information" is. Right now it seems like it could be an extended machine
parsable explanation (i.e., executable code) of what to do OR a human
readible html exception page OR just a resource whose representation is
expected to be transferable. In my mind, too many ways to be different.

Dave Morris