Re: NEW ISSUE: isolate TCP-specific aspects of HTTP

From: Barry Leiba <barryleiba@computer.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:19:29 -0400
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
> To make the specification of such mechanisms easier and less prone to error,
> p1 should be arranged so that TCP-specific connection details be isolated
> from the rest of the specification. An alternate approach would be to factor
> such aspects into a separate draft, but this is probably not necessary
> (i.e., as long as it's easy to identify which parts of p1 are overridden,
> that should be enough).

I strongly agree with doing this, and I agree that keeping it in the
base doc is fine.  Something like this would work:

== Section [n] - TCP Considerations ==
At the time of this writing, HTTP is used exclusively over TCP [ref].
That need not be the case in future, and implementations SHOULD be
adaptable to other transport-layer protocols underneath HTTP.

When TCP is used, the following apply:
...etc...

== end of Section [n] ==

Yes/no?