Re: p6-caching: commentary from -05 to -06

On Thu, 12 Mar 2009, Mark Nottingham wrote:

> 3.2 Warnings
> Most Warning-related text moved to Warning header definition
> Downgraded most requirements for sending and displaying Warning to SHOULD

It is good to keep some of them as MUST,
214 Transformation Applied is still a MUST which is a good thing.
However 110 Response is stale should be back to MUST instead of SHOULD,
otherwise the client doesn't have a way to differentiate the response.
(but I know that IRL it's almost never done).
One thing would be to require a MUST only when the expiration time is
_not_ an heuristic one (as in this case, the staleness property is already
heuristic).

         ~~Yves