Re: Cache key history

Catching up on this...

I think we're not actually that far apart, then.

People want POSTs to be reusable for GETs, and you appear to be saying
that if we properly specify what it means for POST to be cacheable,
and more importantly under what conditions something cached by POST
can be reused, this is possible.

As such, we need to both document the requirements for what it means
to call a method cacheable, and also better document what it means for
POST to be cacheable. The same is true of GET, but hopefully that's a
little more obvious...

However, you've said a few times that a POST response has to have a
Content-Location to be considered cacheable. That's not documented
anywhere, of course, and while it's one thing we could specify when we
properly document POST cacheability, we should discuss this first.

Make sense, or have I misinterpreted something?

Cheers,