Extension headers and caching

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 12:28:43 +0100
To: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

If I perform a request to a server and then perform a subsequent request
with an extension header set, should I get a cached copy or a fresh one
for the subsequent request? Would it be different if the server had
replied with a Vary header for the extension header?

It has been suggested that I should define how this case works in
XMLHttpRequest, but I rather just defer to the HTTP for this.

Kind regards,

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>