Re: PATCH draft

From: Cyrus Daboo <cyrus@daboo.name>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 15:50:56 -0500
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
cc: Lisa Dusseault <lisad@messagingarchitects.com>, ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Hi Julian,

--On January 30, 2009 6:01:00 PM +0100 Julian Reschke
<julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:

> I think what you're looking for is
> <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-snell-http-prefer-00>. This used to be
> in the PATCH I-D, but James moved it into a separate spec (which I think
> was a good idea in order to keep PATCH as simple as possible).

Yes, that looks good, but it is expired.

However, the definition of 209 in PATCH still seems a little odd without
reference to that. Is 209 absolutely needed in PATCH? Could that instead be
moved to James document as a separate section describing the interaction of
Prefer and PATCH? Alternatively we could progress James document at the
same time as PATCH and cross-reference - but maybe we don't want to delay
PATCH.

--
Cyrus Daboo