Re: httpbis-p6-cache-06 and no-store response directive

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 02:07:16 +0200
To: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <yngve@opera.com>
Cc: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
fre 2009-06-26 klockan 21:45 +0200 skrev Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer
Opera Software ASA):

> Alternatively, new headers and/or directives defining actions in history
> navigation should be defined. Any suggestions?

user agent history buffer behavior is slightly outside of the HTTP
realm, but I would suggest that must-revalidate applies to history
buffer views as well, preventing stale information from being shown
without validation.

And if that's not sufficient then one can always resort to no-store..
preventing any form of caching of the response.

Regards
Henrik