Re: Content Sniffing impact on HTTPbis - #155

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 23:44:05 +0200
To: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
* Adam Barth wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 12:30 PM, Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org> wrote:
>>> 2) specify the algorithm to use if sniffing is done by referring to
>>> draft-abarth-mime-sniff directly.
>>
>> I don't think that has any place in the HTTP spec, especially as even
>> the revised version continues to use prescriptive language that
>> supercedes key parts of the HTTP protocol.
>
>I'd like to incorporate your feedback into the draft, but the above is
>too vague for me to act upon.  Are there specific statements you'd
>like me to revise?

A good start would be including detailed rationale for the parts that
contradict other specifications or are otherwise obscure. I would make
suggestions, but I have a hard time following the document at all; to
pick one problem, section two defines an algorithm, but I could not
find how and where that algorithm is supposed to be relevant.