Re: Sending Referer [#144]

From: Adam Barth <w3c@adambarth.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 11:40:51 -0700
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 8:50 AM, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> Adam, what do you think? Others?

This sounds good.  I don't quite understand the constraints we're
operating under with respect to making existing clients / servers
non-conformant, but I trust you've done that analysis correctly.

With regards to the 'null' value, we should try to pick a value that's
friendly to regular expressions (i.e., avoids . / [ and similar
characters) because many web application firewalls (who would use this
value) express their rules in terms of regular expressions.

Adam