Behaviour with malformed headers

From: Geoffrey Sneddon <foolistbar@googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 15:58:29 +0100
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Hi,

When a server receives a header (say, for example, a If-Modified-Since
header) whose value does not match the grammar (or is otherwise
malformed), what should that server do? Should it just ignore that
header and pretend it wasn't there, or should it return 400, or should
it do something totally different?

I had a quick look over bis, but I haven't read it that closely, so it
is entirely possible that this is already specified.

--
Geoffrey Sneddon
<http://gsnedders.com/>