Re: [link draft] Changing the model for links

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:26:44 +0200
To: "Mark Nottingham" <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: "Phil Archer" <phil@philarcher.org>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>
On Wed, 08 Apr 2009 13:16:07 +0200, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> On 08/04/2009, at 9:03 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> Hmm. HTML4 doesn't even really give license to do the second form; is
> that consistent behaviour across all browsers?

HTML4 is a very vague specification. If you read it literally "alternate
stylesheet stylesheet" should not specify an alternate stylesheet either.
I don't think that was the intent. Though actually, it also says 'Adding
the keyword "alternate" to the rel attribute makes it an alternate style
sheet:' which does not imply an order.

The behavior is consistent as far as I know.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/