Re: HTTPOnly Cookies Specification

Bil Corry wrote:
> Dan Winship wrote on 11/21/2008 7:04 AM:
>> What would really be useful would be for someone to pull an HTML5 on
>> cookies, documenting how they are actually parsed (ie, not like the
>> Netscape spec or either RFC says), how the path and domain parameters
>> are actually used (ie, not like the Netscape spec or either RFC says), etc.
>
> I've gotten similar feedback elsewhere:
>
>  http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.security/browse_thread/thread/f2e661f222366cdd#msg_07d98bee9cb6fdc5
>
> So what's required to start a cookie WG here at IETF?

Usually, a WG starts with a BOF at an IETF meeting:

   <http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1bof-procedures.txt>

The Area Directors to ask would be Lisa Dusseault or Chris Newman.

That being said, RFCs do not need to come out of WGs. So it may be
sufficient to collect sufficiently interested people (hopefully with
representatives of the browser vendors), and to conduct the development
on an IETF mailing list

BR, Julian