Re: #90: multipart/byteranges

ons 2008-12-10 klockan 17:25 -0800 skrev Roy T. Fielding:

> I say "no" -- close the loophole and remove any notion that multipart
> delimits message framing.

Unfortunately that's not entirely an option. We need to have parsers
still understand this delimiting of 206 responses as they are in
widespread use and specified so in 2616 (and 2068).

But I am entirely fine with denying servers from using this method of
delimiting and instead wrap multipart/byteranges in chunked encoding,
and keeping the parser requirements only for compatibility with earlier
HTTP/1.1 specifiations.

Regards
Henrik