Re: HTTPOnly Cookies Specification

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 23:44:53 +0100
To: "Jamie Lokier" <jamie@shareable.org>, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel@haxx.se>
Cc: "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 11:20:57 +0100, Jamie Lokier <jamie@shareable.org>
wrote:
> I think a document which describes the behaviour "actually done" while
> acknowledging and explaining differences between major browsers - and
> therefore what is identical between them - would be even more useful
> than one which pretends they're all the same, like HTML5 seems to.

HTML5 does not pretend all implementations are the same... It merely
states what implementations ought to do. Representing an implementor I can
say that is much more useful to us than having a description of what we
and others currently do, as we'd very much like to converge on behavior
with other implementations going forward.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>