Re: Fwd: I-D Action:draft-pettersen-cookie-v2-03.txt

Hi

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask questions and/or suggest
improvements. If it isn't - I beg forgiveness and guide ;-)

To the point:

Section 2 defines "path-matching" as:
"For two strings that represent paths, P1 and P2, P1 path-matches P2 if
P2 is a prefix of P1 (including the case where P1 and P2 string- compare
equal). Thus, the string /tec/waldo path-matches /tec."

And I don't see any requirement in the document for the path to end with
slash (neither in $Path, nor in Path).

So if I understand correctly, this means that /technology path-matches
/tec. Is this the desired behavior? I can think of operability issues
(e.g. two applications residing on the same server, one is called /app
and the other /app2). There may also be security implications (though in
general, I don't believe in per-path security:
http://www.webappsec.org/lists/websecurity/archive/2006-03/msg00000.html).

BTW - typo? in section 3.3.2:
"A Set-Cookie2 from a path /example1/example1 for SubPath=exam will be
accepted for the path /example/exam" - I think this should be:
"A Set-Cookie2 from a path /example1/example1 for SubPath=exam will be
accepted for the path /example1/exam"

Thanks,
-Amit