Re: must a partial response range be exact?

ok, this is much clearer wording than the spec and the added 'recipient
MUST' paragraph makes it explicit that clients MUST properly handle any
form of (appropriate) response which includes the requested data, which
from the existing spec is unclear - the reason I raised this question in
the first place... any chance we'll see such improved wording in the new
spec?

Also, where does the 'ordering' SHOULD clause at hand fit here? "When a
client requests multiple out-of-order byte-ranges in one request , the
server SHOULD return them as multipart/byteranges in the order that they
appeared in the request" ?

btw do u think it is worth the added complexity to the spec and server
implementation? is there some sort of usage/support statistics on
clients that make use of out-of-order mutliple-ranges requests which
show it to be worthwhile?

Regards,

Amichai