Re: must a partial response range be exact?

Thanks for pointing that out!

However, if that is so, then given that "A response to a request for
multiple ranges, whose result is a single range, MAY be sent as a
multipart/byteranges media type with one part", the spec MAY have this
SHOULD clause bite itself as well (in exactly the same sense as
returning a single Content-Range response)...

Is this another minor self-contradiction?

Actually, I understood this SHOULD clause as referring to the
possibility of returning several ranges out of order (which it
discourages), rather than to combining ranges into a single range (but
retaining the overall order).

What do u think?

Thanks,

Amichai