Re: X-Forwarded-For and IPv6?

Not sure what other intermediaries are doing here, but it seems to me
that it might require a new header, since I'd imagine most software
would be built with the assumption of  ipv4.

Such a new header would need to include ipv4 *and* 6 addresses in it
(to allow the receiver to reconstruct the chain properly).

If you do mint a new header, please please please don't prepend X-...

Cheers,