IE8's content-type authoritative parameter moved into a separate response header

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 10:46:25 +0200
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>

Quoting:
<http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2008/09/02/ie8-security-part-vi-beta-2-update.aspx>

"MIME-Handling: Sniffing Opt-Out

As discussed in Part V of this blog series, Internet Explorer’s
MIME-sniffing capabilities can lead to security problems for servers
hosting untrusted content.  At that time, we announced a new
Content-Type attribute (named “authoritative”) which could be used to
disable MIME-sniffing for a particular HTTP response.

Over the past two months, we’ve received significant community feedback
that using a new attribute on the Content-Type header would create a
deployment headache for server operators. To that end, we have converted
this option into a full-fledged HTTP response header.  Sending the new
X-Content-Type-Options response header with the value nosniff will
prevent Internet Explorer from MIME-sniffing a response away from the
declared content-type.

"

BR, Julian