Re: Issue 113, was: Proposed resolution for Issue 13 (language tags)

Frank Ellermann wrote:
> Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>
>> A more useful example using * is
>
> Then let's add it to the spec., with an explanation:
> "Typically '*' is used with the lowest <qvalue>"

Is that better than not specifying value for "*" at all?

I just checked FF3, and the default Accept-Language it sends for me does
not include "*", but sure, servers typically send content outside the
language ranges it sends.

> Folks can still shoot into their foot, but they got
> a fair warning.

BR, Julian