Re: Quota Enforcement and the communication of violations of policy using HttpStatusCode's.

From: Frank Ellermann <nobody@xyzzy.claranet.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 22:06:23 +0200
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Jeff Currier wrote:

> we don't really want to invent our own status code so the
> team thought it would be best if we brought our problem to
> the working group to discuss this issue

You could stick to 403 for HTTP/1.0 (old clients) if that's
in any way relevant for your scenario, and pick another code
for HTTP/1.1 if it has a more desirable effect.  Could say
"402" do what you want, are you asking how to register a new
HTTP error code, or do you want a better documentation for
an existing code in 2616bis ?

 Frank